Ostrich Cat

Charlie stalking his prey
Charlie the Cat thinks he's so clever. He's memorized my morning routine and anticipates where I'll be in order to pounce. He likes to leap upon my leg and halfheartedly bite my calf. Once the attack is completed, he looks up at me as if to say, "Now, it's your turn. Get me! Get me!"

As you can see, these attacks are rarely a surprise. For one, hiding is not his forte. Second, he wears a little bell around his neck that constantly transmits his position.

This particular incident reminds me of another animal that struggles with issues of object permanence and the fundamentals of concealment.

sketch of an ostrich hiding it's head in the sand by David Borden, (c) 2015.

#cat #ostrich #sketch #art #hiding #SurpriseAttack #stalking #cutecat

Comments

Popular Posts