Year the the Phoenix: First Quarter Report

Q 1: The Autumnal Equinox, September 23, 2015

The first thee months of the Year of the Phoenix have passed and what have I accomplished?

1. Laid the foundation for making and selling art again. I filed for a DBA and Tax ID number. Opened a business bank account.
floppy disks and box from the last century
Floppies from the 90s

2. Started planning out my projects.

3. Purged and simplified, which meant jettisoning junk I no longer needed. I unearthed a box of 3.5 inch floppy disks that I'd carted around since the last century. They probably have documents in Word Perfect and riddled with Y2K viruses.

4. Performed in an improv act at a comedy festival.

5. Filled a notebook with drawings. Feels good to draw again!

6. Helped Ruby learn to draw better.

black line drawing of birch forest by David Borden
study of birch trees (c) 2015 by David Borden
7. Submitted a short story and chapter of the memoir to a contest. (I didn't win... though it would have been nice. The real victory was working on something and feeling good enough about it to put it out there.)

8. Did some things I fear.

I came across the following quote, but don't know who said it. I think it sums up what I've been thinking about Q1:

"Don't be defined by what you didn't know or didn't do. You are deciding your life right now."






Comments

Popular Posts