Graphic Novel Chapter Wins Award

I am very pleased to announce that a chapter from my forthcoming graphic novel, And Yet We Rise, has won FIRST PRIZE in the Comics category of the Pen 2 Paper writing contest. Thank you to everyone who has helped and supported me through the years.
page from award winning chapter from forthcoming graphic novel by David Borden. Featuring, non-verbal, multiply disabled, Savannah Borden, using a communication device.
page from the winning chapter
My plan is to publish the full book (250 glorious pages) on April 1, 2017, which would have been Savannah's 18th birthday. Look for a Kickstarter campaign in January or February to raise the funds for printing costs.

cover of forthcoming graphic novel by David Borden titled, And Yet We Rise. Phoenix rising image.
Cover of forthcoming book

I am honored to win this award and would like to thank VSA Texas and The Coalition of Texans with Disabilities. Please consider supporting these organizations and their extraordinary work. In addition, visit Malvern Books, a local independent bookstore that hosts the Lion and Pirate Open Mic event connected with the two awesome organizations mentioned above.

Find me tweeting drawings and musings @dsborden

Keep up with my art and writing at www.ScribbleFire.com

#comics #GraphicNovel #contest #writer #disability #SpecialNeeds





Comments

  1. David, you make me want to do more. What an honor to know you. I often mention you as the best boss (servant/leader) ever! Can hardly wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Douglas, your comment means a lot to me. Wow, you've already got a movie deal in the works! :) So, who would play me?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts